With baby #3, I keep thinking of those “If I knew then what I know now” items I wished I’d purchased (or gone without) with my first two children. Some of these are practical “will buys,” others are “would be nice,” and some, unfortunately, will probably never graduate from “wishes”. But it’s always fun to dream, so here we go.
1. A slim, lightweight infant carrier. I selected our Graco car seat system 5 years ago based on the price and positive reviews/ratings. As a first time mom, it seemed ideal. After using it with two babies, I can now say it is most likely the bulkiest and heaviest infant carrier on the market. Can anyone suggest a safe, lightweight, affordable carrier?
2. A Double Breast Pump that might actually help me pump more than 1 ounce at a time from each side. I really want to successfully pump with #3 because I think it will be a sanity saver for both me and my husband. Any suggestions for an affordable, effective pump or an affordable way to rent a high-quality one?
3. A Baba Sling from Toots n’ Tots. I am determined to be a “babywearing” mama this time around. I have a Sleepy Wrap sling that I tried out with Ezra when he was 1 and liked. I think it would be nice to have options, though, and the Baba Sling looks like an ideal sling for mom and dad. Plus, I love the features for comfortably and discreetly breastfeeding on the go!
4. A Brooke Van Gory Diaper Bag. If you’ve read my blog for awhile, you know I’ve been drooling over these completely custom bags for a very long time. I love the matching wet bag that clips on the outside and I think this is a bag that will endure beyond diapering. The kind of bag you’d want to carry around long after you were done toting diapers.
5. A Sit and Stand Stroller, the type that can accommodate a little one and an active toddler. This seems like such a great solution for trips to the mall, zoos, amusement parks, etc. I think Ezra (and sometimes Ella) would love it!
6. Extra Large Swaddling Blankets. Swaddling has been a lifesaver at our house and I’d love to have some large blankets that last! Anyone know a SAHM who makes these at an affordable price?
6. A Co-Sleeper. This is a maybe, but maybe this will help curb some of the late-night nursing exhaustion that comes from nursing. I can just see my husband’s reaction: Too much money. I am curious, though. Anyone have a co-sleeper they love or who would/wouldn’t recommend one?
Smaller Wishes with links from Shops I love:
Maxwell Designs Diaper Bags, Wet bags, changing pads, and onesies. These are sold at the same Toots n’ Tots shop that sells the Baba sling. Maggie, the owner of the store and creator of Maxwell Designs, is wonderful and has exquisite taste!
An Amber Teething Necklace. I’d love to see if this really soothes all that ails a teething baby.
Cloth Diapers: 3D DeebleDdo, Applecheeks, Smartipants, and some Nifty Nappy Woolie Wraps. (Plus, I’d love to try some new brands too!)
Cloth Diaper Inserts: I’m crazy about the Loopy Dos from Knickernappies and the Super Doopsy inserts. Both add ideal extra absorbency for heavy wetters.
A Wipes Warmer. I know this is a luxury, but I would love to keep wet cloth wipes in one at home.
Cloth Wipes from Wipeze and a cute Travel Case for them. because you can, seriously, never have enough. I saw a cute travel case during the Green Quest, but can’t recall the store. Anyone else remember?
A new fuzzibunz hanging wet bag. Mine is losing its waterproof liner.
Phew. This list got quite a bit longer than expected, but it’s so fun to dream!
What am I missing? Share some love for your favorite baby items and shops!