What if you could take photography lessons from a friend on your own timeline, from the comfort of your home? Would you feel more confident using your DSLR camera if you could learn a new skill daily or weekly from a three to seven minute video? Does the idea of purchasing accessories for your camera seem less daunting with clear advice on quality, cost effective options?
This is the photography experience Katie Evans creates with her Key to Pictures Academy. A monthly Academy membership gives access to over 70 training videos that you can view from multiple devices. These videos feature Katie sharing a specific photography lesson in a clear, concise, understandable way. Katie is warm, knowledgeable and enthusiastic. After watching a few videos, she will soon feel like an old friend sharing her love of photography with you.
Katie built Key to Pictures Academy because she knows first-hand the frustration of feeling like your photography skills are lacking. She is now a professional photographer, but she gained knowledge and skills over time by working as a photography assistant, asking numerous questions, practicing, reading, and practicing some more. When Katie finally began using her camera to its full potential, she found incredible freedom and enjoyment in photography.
Finally having the skill to create what I actually saw in my head was liberating.
Katie built a thriving photography business and eagerly uploaded client photos. During this time, friends and family would often ask her for tips and tricks to take better pictures. She loved helping them take beautiful pictures and decided to offer her tutorials to a broader audience.
I felt compelled to give people the opportunity to create and to be able to capture their memories and life experiences the way they wanted. And even more important I wanted to create something in plain English that would be easy for people to understand, learn from, and relate to.
She wrote a photography book, Key to Taking Pictures (affiliate link), that received 150 5 Star Ratings on Amazon and started offering live workshops. These workshops inspired Katie to create an online academy, where participants could learn the process of becoming a better photographer through a fun, engaging, step-by-step process. Lessons are geared towards someone who is beginning in photography that doesn’t have time to read the manual, but are also applicable to intermediate photographers.
Key to Pictures Academy offers a monthly membership, so that you can learn valuable photography lessons at your own pace. Membership is $24 a month and includes:
- Over 70 Video Tutorials, covering 13 categories, including Getting Started, Gear, Exposure, Lighting, Editing, and Composition. Each video is clear and concise and will walk you through the process of becoming a better photographer.
- Clear, Concise, Instruction. Katie’s goal is to help you build the skills to capture your stories in a meaningful way through an accessible, easy process. Each video is to the point, avoids technical jargon, and can be watched in one sitting.
- Monthly Critiques. Each month you have the opportunity to submit your images to get a personalized critique and help from Katie.
- Personalized Attention. You also have access to Katie to get your individualized questions answered each month as well. She might even feature one of your questions in a video!
- Affordable. Monthly membership is just $24, with no registration fee, no cancellation fee, and a 30-day money back guarantee. Plus, your price per month will never go up while you’re a member. Katie is also generously offering a limited time discount just for The Inquisitive Mom readers! Sign up for a membership with the code: imom10 to receive $10 off of your membership fee and lock it in for $14 a month!
Giveaway alert! I am also giving away three 6 Month Memberships ($144 value) to 3 lucky winners! Be sure to enter here.