No time to dry your hair? Want a sophisticated hair style in minutes? Try The Twist Video Hair Tutorial! I started doing this twist to my hair a few years ago after trial and error and it is now one of my favorite go-to styles when I want to look polished, but don’t have the time. People often assume this style is difficult to do, but it’s actually my “lazy day” go-to. This simple style comes together quickly and has the added bonus of making your hair wavy the next day!
For quick reference, here are the steps to The Twist Hair Style.
- Wash your hair and towel dry.
- Add leave in conditioner and brush out.
- Part on your preferred side.
- Grab 2 relatively even pieces of hair from your longer side part.
- Hold in your hands and twist.
- Take your two existing pieces and add equal amounts of hair to each piece.
- With new hair added, twist again and tighten.
- Continue steps 6 and 7 until you are just beyond the halfway point behind your head.
- Secure with a rubber band.
- Start on the other side of your part and continue steps 5 through 9.
- Secure both twists together.
- You can leave the hair in a side ponytail, braid it, or even twist it up into a side bun.
Share your Twists on Instagram! Be sure to tag me @TheInquisitiveMom and use #hairtwist.