I recently received an invite to a Facebook group for my 20th High School Reunion in 2017. I wanted to cringe and say, “No way!,” but instead I thought, “Seems about right.” This is definitely not 1997 anymore. While I usually don’t long to go back to high school, I might be willing to trade 2016 for 1996. Here’s to a better 2017 and a summer of reunions that are Da’ bomb!
20 Ways You Know It’s Time for Your 20th High School Reunion
- Your classmates are posting articles on Facebook criticizing “young people today” as lazy, spoiled, and foolish.
- You still connect with your friends on Facebook, but your kids do not.
- Black Friday search terms include Spanx.
- If I say, “Now this is the story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down,” you can finish the rest.
- Garth has a new show on Netflix called White, Male, 60.
- Your favorite childhood shows are on Nick at Nite.
- You still own a pair of Doc Martens.
- You’d still rock Hypercolor.
- You once tried the Rachel haircut. It didn’t go well.
- Empire Records and Office Space are now cult classics
- Full House is now Fuller.
- Your favorite tunes from high school are now on special ’90s stations.
- Gilmore Girls is having a reunion. Rory is 30.
- You know what it means to “Be Kind. Rewind.”
- You used to listen to the radio with your finger on “record” to tape your favorite song.
- Getting on Skype reminds you of The Jetsons.
- You still know how to dance The Macarena.
- You used to wait for the internet to dial up and connect.
- You had frosted tips.
- You survived The Oregon Trail.
What would you add to the list?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Proceeds go to support my blog.